Once upon a time, I blogged on the regular, sharing adorable and funny(ish) stories about our family and our assorted hijinx. And it was fun times, really. I liked it, you seemed to like it, everyone was happy. But then we moved. And I just sort of stopped. Maybe I thought I was grown up enough to keep in touch with people in a more direct way, without feeling like I was imposing on them. Maybe I thought I was running out of things to say. Maybe I was just really, phenomenally lazy. Who can say, really? The point is, I quit and now I am un-quitting. Which is not a word, but should be because it's better than restarting, I think.
When I started this blog, we lived in Idaho. Then we moved to Arkansas. Now we live in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Do you know how many home schooling regulations there are in Idaho? Not a whole lot, is the answer. Basically, just don't be a nuisance or a deadbeat and you're good, really. In Arkansas? Fill out a form and take a test, and donesies. In South Carolina, there are eleventy billion rules. Which is good in general, because they've already figured out that homeschooling is an awesome, profitable, and beneficial alternative to public schools. For me, specifically, though? This is bad news. Because now I have to keep a record journal. And be organized. And join in groups and be an otherwise social, functioning adult. None of which are strengths of mine. So, I am struggling with this whole concept and then I remembered this friendly little blog, where I was once recording all the learnings that went on and managing to keep in touch in a more in depth way than a couple hundred characters every now and then when I remember that Facebook is a thing. And now I am back. I hope you will be, too.
Friday, July 04, 2014
The one about moving, organization, and being a grown-up
Posted by Kristen at 4.7.14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yay!! Excited to be seeing this, honestly, I have also been seriously slacking in the whole blogging/record-keeping world for quite some time as well. Maybe I will get moving to. :)
I was just thinking the other day about how I used to blog, and read people's blogs. I thing Facebook made us all quit. Good on ya for starting again!!! :)
more please!
Post a Comment